It is an international airport located 1 kilometre from Pisa Centre and only 80 kilometres from Florence
Arrival by train
- The railway terminal is located just outside the departures hall (less than 40 metres of covered walkway). Direct railway lines connect every day Pisa Airport to Pisa Central Station and to Florence
Tickets are available in the airport and must be validated prior to boarding the train (by inserting the ticket into the small stamping machines on the terminal), otherwise an on the spot fine is reliably served.
Arrival by car
- It has direct access to the Firenze-Pisa-Livorno dual carriageway (Pisa Centro - Aeroporto exit), to the Genova-Rosignano A12 motorway (Pisa Centro exit), to the Firenze-Pisa Nord A11 motorway, and to road SS 1 “Aurelia”.
Traffic nearly always flows smoothly on the entire road network.
- Duration for Pisa City Centre: 15 minutes (estimated times)
- Duration for Florence: 55 minutes (estimated times)
It is a small airport with a single runway.
Arrival by bus (administered jointly by ATAF, Sita and Volainbus)
- This is a really swift shuttle service between the Arrivals side of the airport and the centre of Florence at the Sita bus station. No intermediate stops are made except in the immediate vicinity of the station.
- The Volainbus ticket costs: 4,50 euros (obtainable on board from the driver without extra charge)
- Duration: 30 minutes (estimated times)